Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Great ideas come from my sleeping wife

A little past ten I went into a room in the house where some are creative and some just create. My wife had just finished making a stuffed person and I thought of the perfect collaboration. I will make the innards of a simple robot whose arms will move with its legs in tandem. It's innards will be supported by a wooden frame. The arm and leg axel will come out of the top and bottom of the creature. Short wood square blocks will attach to each axle and will have a bit extra axle over the end. Any added appendages are added with glue to the outside of the gear box.
The part where Jess would be able to come in and help is when I cover the robot with skin. It needs to be vaguely inhuman but should show the creator was at least trying when they tried to make the humanoid doll/robot. If the box is strong enough staple guns and hot glue could make for excellent fat cells to round things out. The innards need to be accessable by a very obvious and possibly upsetting looking door(maybe a doornob). When the figure is finished gears(metal) need to be applied to the last bit of dowel. If possible these gears should connect to something too.
I have pictures of a machine I made years ago and would like to craft mine after them and Jess' doll.

No comments: