Sunday, September 09, 2007

Check out these for the changes in the art





There are four paintings done during the last three years. I am just marveling how it is like I have never painted some things before. Other things I have a better sense of how to paint them now than before I took my break for fathering. It is remarkable how Eliot has brought about change. Jess has changed too. It was just more subtle. Her creativity is efficient yet fluid. She plans and plan in her head how to make a creative thing happen then executes it with few snags. She is able to anticipate the points that will be frustrating to her and avoid them. IT is a skill I would do well to emulate.
I am hoping the classmate I had gotten an order from buys these paintings of her dog. I had such a hard time doing them because they were tough angles. The photos really were flat and I had no sense of the dogs length and purportion. So hard to do without the dog on the spot.
If any of you want work done please send me notice. I am finished with all of my commissioned work presently and am looking for more. Sky is the limit as usual of course.

No comments: