Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day



Today was Eliot's Verry first christmas. It began with a long night of restlessness punctuated by fits of sleeplessness. He in short was not going to bed easily. My cognitive abilities today are a direct reflection of this. I have been in space all day. Bed will be a good thing but I must post...
We had a fantastic breakfast at Pat's with great grandma Mildred there. The usual list of things for the future son in law to do was comparitively small especially when you consider how much bacon I had recieved that morning. I think The fact I was let off the hook was because I was deleriously tired and needed a day off more than anything.
After we opened our gifts Jess and I took the much needed nap. I guess I needed it more than her for a change and consequently slept through the rest of Christmas proper. It is worth noting here the similarities between my staying up last night and all the other kids who could not sleep becuase of their impending exciting day. I felt a certain synchronicity throught the haze of my delirium.
I went to work after waking up at 2 pm. Hit the floor running with a bunch of christmas medical mericles for everyone to have. If I had not been so tired I would have wrapped every pill but since time was of the essence I had to just crush them in apple sauce. For those of you who were not aware of this, I am a drug dealer to the elderly. A state subsidized drug dealer to the aged. The pill company's Santa.
Twas the evening of Christmas
When all through the Home
Not a creature was continent
Not even P. Gome
We had just medicated
Our residents with pills
Not the fun ones of course
No one got thrills
From Kaopectate or medamucil
Even the colace
Was so boring it sent chills
Down the already cold ladies
And gents in my charge

To turn your poetry into verse mocking your profession just Send me a note.

No comments: