Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What Will One Hundred and Fifty Dollars Buy?


A visit from the one oil Magi. I am sitting here at home fretfully
listening to some excellent blues while worrying about Jess and Eliot
being to cold tonight. An end is in sight for me though. I have the
means to call a repair man. He is one his way now. Others in Maine
haven't got the means. There is no end in sight for their freezing
their cans off in this harsh weather that has taken its sweet time in
arriving. I am feeling lucky.
Very lucky.
There have been many deaths from CO2 poisoning this year. There will be more as people who are desperate struggle
to stay warm here. It is not a forgiving state to go without in. In NZ
and AU you could sleep on beaches and live off free stuff and the good
will of many. Here in Maine the winters isolate people who are in need
more than average. I just hope they find help. It is so scary feeling
that temperature drop.

No comments: