Thursday, December 21, 2006

Very Busy Week


This has been a rather full week despite the two days off ploinked right in the middle of it. I have no classes, I have no election, I have shirked all Christmas related responsibilities yet the stress gets to me. My theory is that the card making I have done on previous holidays has the effect of making me feel morally superior. Since this is wrong on so many fronts I am lead to believe the stress is from confusion from having my hours being gradually switched by Eliot.
Credit should be given to Jess who has, up until recent times not mentioned my strange hours and how they are rather inconvenient for the other people existing in the apartment. She has begun to sweetly allude to a need for a gentle yet complete change of ways in regard to my sleep schedule. As much as I would like to resist her on this one I am inclined to acquiesce.
The hunt for appropriate gifts for the the immediate family took up loads of time with all my buy local self imposed restraints in place. It is so hard to spend twice as much to support local vendors when you are making that money the way I make mine. Especially when the holidays have caused my more psychotic charges to do more insane things than even I thought them capable of.

No comments: