Thursday, January 03, 2008

The stress getting to me

Man is not meant to deal with his stress in civilized ways. I can feel my primal roots wanting to deal with things their own way on weeks like this. For those of you who do not know Jess and I have moved. We have a lovely new place with water views and quietness at night. Eliot is sleeping better but waiting to hear from our old landlady is keeping me from sleep. I am enraged at what she is doing and am furious she has even a penny of ours right now. If I had it my way she would have not gotten last months rent and we would have received a notice of eviction from her rather than have to deal with her brand of insanity. She sent us a note today telling use we are going to be held accountable for a fridge component that was never there and another that was cracked before we arrived. She went on to tell us how very disappointed she was in the state of her kitchen. She had the balls to say this after we had to scrape stuff that looked like explosive diarrhea off the walls and clear out used condoms from her drawers when we moved in. I am furious. I see her getting sued in the very near future if she continues to stress me out.
For the last ten years I have worked in the not for profit sector to take care of the people who are not so fortunate economically, socially, or because they are suffering from physical handicaps. I make very little money doing this and this lady who now operates only out of entitlement is trying to squeeze as much of 1300 dollars as possible. It is so fucking unjust.

1 comment:

Voom Voom Veda said...

what a bitch!
freakin slumlords!

we miss u guys....